Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rainbows all around...

First of all I want to say THANK YOU to all my friends and family that came to see me give my testimony at Pine Level a couple weeks ago. I feel like that experience was such a blessing to me. I hope that it was also a blessing to those who heard me. They recorded it (yikes..don't want to see myself on camera) and are supposed to give me a DVD of it. I may/may not share it when I receive 
that :) 

The new school year is right around the corner and I cannot believe that summer is OVER :(  It's bittersweet because I keep thinking to myself "I should be getting ready to take Evan to daycare for the first time." I know he is way better hands than he would be if he were here but it's still a tough step. 

Teachers go back next Monday. I really am looking forward to returning to work because days that I stay busy are SO MUCH easier than days that I don't have much to do. Although lately I've had a lot to do because I've been running around trying to complete all the things that I've put off all summer. I am moving into a new classroom (PRAISE THE LORD) and so that has consumed a ton of my time lately. There are also a lot of birthdays in our family/friends in August and September and October so I've been working on some projects (and/or ordering presents) for those people. I know once school starts back I just won't have the time. I've also been trying to finish up some things around the house that I want complete. Here are some things I've been working on at the house.....
The sign with our pictures is self explanatory if you read our last post. I just finally got the picture with Brent kissing Evan printed and finally framed and hung up. Then on the top right is a sign I made with my Cameo Silhouette to cover a small boo-boo that our bedroom door had. I also love seeing that every time I enter the room that I share with my husband. Finally the picture on the bottom right is a sign/chalkboard that I ordered from Etsy. Since November I have been putting scripture on sticky notes and strategically placing them around the house. These are usually uplifting verses that I stumble upon during my devotion each morning. I really want to focus on memorizing and knowing more scripture by heart. So that when I am having a sad, or happy time (or anytime really) I can immediately think of God's word. I love reading my Bible but there's just something so special about knowing His word by heart. One day I hope that my children can memorize a verse each week and always have God's word in their heart! 

This is my new area for devotion and Bible reading and just reading and relaxing in general. I love this chair but needed an ottoman because it just wasn't comfortable without one. Also, I wanted a lamp and side table. A couple weeks ago I went thrift shopping to find these few things. I was so happy when I stumbled upon 2 of the 3 things at Alyssa's and got a great deal. I wanted to make this a useful area for me-but without breaking the bank! I have really enjoyed sitting there and looking through the front window and drinking coffee and reading God's word. It's been very healing! This is the closest I can get to a front porch for now. I'll take it...at least it's air conditioned :)

Other things I've been working on are new things for my classroom. I've been so excited to get moved to a classroom in the newer part of our school! My theme for my classroom this year is going to be rainbows. Of course this is because when I look at a rainbow it reminds me of my sweet Evan. There was the most beautiful rainbow the day of his funeral and this summer has brought soooo many. It seems like more rainbows have appeared than normal but it could definitely be that I'm more attuned to them than I was in the past. I don't have pictures of my classroom ready to post yet but I did make a rainbow sign for my office door. 


I can't wait to be surrounded by rainbows in my classroom and constantly have a positive reminder of sweet Evan!! (Even though I think about him ALL the time!) Rainbows symbolize hope and promise and I think that is such a fitting theme for a classroom. I can't wait to start this new school year with my new students. (Even though I am a little sad to see my freedom end for now.)

The other evening Brent was outside doing something and he came in and hollered for me to come outside and see...this is what I walked out to. 
It was such a beautiful rainbow that began in a field directly across from our house. These are the little things that give us hope on a daily basis. It seems that they appear just when we are needing a reminder that through the storm there will come a beauty of a rainbow-hopefully in the form of a healthy baby for us to love!  I ran across this saying the other day on Pinterest and it really clicked with me that day. I will write another post on rainbow babies another day but I am going to leave with this little saying. (For me it isn't just rainbow baby/babies but rainbows in general.) I thought it so fitting..which is probably why it was on Pinterest in the first place. I'm sure it's fitting for so many people! 
Love and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment