Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

What a busy two weeks

Oh my goodness....I have been so slammed the past two weeks. I forget how hectic the beginning of the school year is! This is the first time in five years that I've moved classrooms and I really had forgotten how overwhelming that can be! Everything got done though and I've really enjoyed the first week of school with my students!

There are a couple pictures of my classroom from the first day of school. I am adding instructional materials nearly every day but let me tell you A LOT of work was put into what you see! :) Tons of organizing took place over the summer while moving but it's SO worth it! 

I also celebrated my 27th birthday last Monday-the first day of school. One of my students brought cupcakes for the class to have in honor of my birthday! I felt so loved! I have a really special group of students this year and we are going to have a FABULOUS year. I have prayed over this school year so much and I know that God has special things in store for my students and me this year. 

Over the past week I also became an Independent Designer with Origami Owl. You can visit my page here to check out this awesome product. You can also go like my Origami Owl page on Facebook. I am very excited to have something to spend some of my extra time on AND make a little extra money. While I was in Birmingham with Evan my mom shared an Origami Owl book with me and I fell in love with the product and knew immediately I HAD to sell it! I had to be put on a waiting list though (because the product has become SOOO popular) and finally got my "invivtation" last week. I accepted immediately and have already began booking jewelry bars for people. I have a locket myself that represents what I'm all about. It has some baby boy footprints {Evan}, infinity sign {Evan and Brent-love}, cross {my heart belongs to the one who died on the cross for all of us}, and a plate that says faith {which grows everyday!}. I love wearing my locket because it allows me to express myself! You should definitely check it out. 

Friday {August 23} marked when Evan would have been 23 weeks old. It was a tough day but God carried me through. Saturday was also tough as I attended a friend's birthday party. As I was heading to the birthday party I was so sad. I realized it was because I wished I wasn't driving there alone but had my sweet baby boy in the backseat. Even knowing he is in a much better place, there are times I just can't help the tears that come to my eyes. 

I am looking forward to an awesome week with my students. I hope to blog more regularly and not get so behind. It's just easy for that to happen with all that the new school year brings. Tomorrow night is Open House. Please say a little prayer that I (and all the other teachers) can welcome the parents into our classrooms and share the love we have for their children. Also that our words can adequately explain what the school year expectations are! 
Love in Christ and have a blessed week

No comments:

Post a Comment