Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Getting Away, Drs Appts, and the busyness of fall...

Brent and I have been holding up pretty well for the past two weeks or so. It helped TREMENDOUSLY when we went out of town last weekend to Atlanta for a little mini vacation. We only went  because he had a Dr. appointment on Monday morning in Birmingham and we figured if we were going to be going to stay in a hotel we may as well extend our weekend and get some enjoyment out of it. I rushed out of school Friday afternoon as fast as I possibly could (after preparing for my sub..and not too early of course..a teacher's job is never done). I came home to finish up packing and we hit the road about 3:30. Which was only about an hour later than we had originally planned. We were just enjoying one another's company and as we were about to go through Auburn we saw a big rainbow. It seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

God knows just when to remind us of his promises. The reminder couldn't have come at a better time. We took pictures and talked about how Evan was sitting in the lap of Jesus and told him to remind his mommy and daddy that everything up in Heaven was GREAT! It was good for our souls to see this. In the past few weeks, and mostly weekends, I had really struggled and had been more sad. I cannot even explain how good it was for my soul to spend a weekend not being sad the whole time. I am looking forward to many more weekends like this (not as sad...not out of town).
 Friday night when we arrived in Atlanta we took a wrong exit and (small town folk that we are) felt frightened when we weren't in the best part of town. But we made our way to our hotel, got checked in and unpacked. Then we went and enjoyed a nice quiet dinner at a little grill around the corner from our hotel. I then enjoyed going to bed with no responsibilities awaiting me the next morning. Saturday morning we ventured out to Six Flags. Where I realized I am no longer 19 and able to ride roller coasters all day long without feeling like I've fallen down a tree and hit every branch on the way down. We only lasted there about 1/2 the day. It was decided we should go back to the hotel and nap or relax. ANYTHING but be at Six Flags. So that's what we did...took a nap and relaxed. On Saturday night we ventured over to The Cheesecake Factory. The food and atmosphere was wonderful. I then insisted we go to Barnes and Noble because I love to read and have to visit bookstores in other towns. For whatever reason I think they are going to be different...they're not. But I enjoy it nonetheless. My mama had been talking about this book The Circle Maker. I felt that this was the exact moment I should buy this book. So we did and unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to really get into it. I am looking forward to a little free time this weekend to start checking it out a little more. My mama has raved about it. The gist of it is praying circles around your biggest dreams and greatest fears. Brent and I will soon be venturing down the road, with God leading the way, of having another baby and I just feel led to read this book to help me go down this path. I think it will be a great book to read regardless of where you are in life. Don't we all have BIG dreams and GREAT fears? There I go chasing a rabbit...back to our weekend...
Sunday we went to the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coke. Both were fun. We enjoyed the Dolphin Tales show at the aquarium and the tasting room at the World of Coke. It was then time to head to Birmingham.
Let me just tell y'all... When we went to Birmingham in July it was the first time we had been there since Evan had left my arms to be in the arms of Jesus. Seeing the Children's of Alabama building from the interestate was sooo hard that day. And I just have to say that it hasn't gotten any easier. Sunday as the hospital came into view (and you have to know that it's this big, shiny building that you can't miss and for me being big and shiny represented a lot of hope back in March), tears immediately filled my eyes. I looked at Brent and said "I think seeing Children's from this view or maybe any view, will always make me cry." I think it's because that's the place where Evan was alive, in my arms, and looking at me. It just holds SO many memories. On Sunday evening we just walked around the mall for a little while then had dinner and went back to our hotel.
Monday we headed over to UAB and went to Brent's appointment. It was fairly short and sweet. Keep doing what your doing..tweak this, check that...come back in four months. We always feel a little better after he gets a check up and we are reassured that we are doing the right thing!
It was back to reality on Tuesday. This week has been a blur. We are going to be super busy this weekend. Or I am at least.  Tomorrow night is Jay's Homecoming so I will be going to the game. (along with Brent) and then Saturday DAY my friend Megan's little girl has homecoming for the little football team she cheers. Saturday night I am speaking at Cora Baptist Church at 6 pm. I am looking forward to sharing my testimony again. Each time I feel a little stronger and look forward to it a little more. I definitely think it helps with my healing! Sunday we have church and I plan to just RELAX. And probably go get my classroom ready because I have a sub on Monday (boo) because I have a workshop (double boo)!
Please keep us in your prayers as Monday afternoon we will be going to the Dr.  to talk about what growing our family will look like for us. I know that it's all in God's hands but we have to be practical and prepare as much as possible. That's why God made people like our doctor...to help us! He works through them. We need prayer for guidance and CLEAR direction about what God's will for our family is in this particular area. Thank you in advance for all prayers.
I'd also like to ask for prayer for an unspoken for myself and something I've been struggling with for the past week or so. Prayer for clear answers about God's will for mine and Brent's family will cover this! :) Last, but certainly not least I'd like to ask for prayers for the Morris family. They're going through some tough times and could use all the prayers that can be sent up!
Thought for the week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment